Retiree Health Care
Retiree Health Coverage under the Central Pennsylvania Teamsters Health and Welfare Fund:
Important: Eligibility information is described below. You must contact the Fund’s Contribution and Eligibility Department in order to confirm that you are eligible for retiree health coverage.
Active participants covered under Plans 13, 13Y and 14 (with optional Retiree coverage under Plan 14) are eligible to enroll in the Fund’s R7 and R7-65 Retiree Health Plans upon their retirement if they satisfy the following criteria:
- Their employer is (and continues to be) a contributing employer with the Fund that has elected optional Retiree coverage.
- The participant satisfies the eligibility requirements for obtaining coverage (listed below).
- The participant is at least 55 years of age, or if under age 55, they are receiving a Disability Pension benefit from the Central Pennsylvania Teamsters Pension Fund.
- Participants and their dependents must enroll in Medicare Part A and B when they become eligible. Medicare is always primary and the Plan is considered secondary.
- The participant pays the required monthly contribution on a timely basis to the Fund.
The Fund offers two plans to eligible retirees. Plan R-7 covers retirees who are not Medicare-eligible. Plan R-7/65 covers Medicare-eligible retirees. Please refer to the Central Pennsylvania Teamsters Health and Welfare Fund Plan R-7 and Plan R-7/65 Summary Plan Description located on this website under Health and Welfare-Summary Plan Descriptions for complete details on benefits and eligibility.
Different rules apply if you are covered under Plan 16. Please refer to your collective bargaining or participation agreement.
The Fund offers two plans to eligible retirees. Plan R-7 covers retirees who are not Medicare-eligible. Plan R-7/65 covers Medicare-eligible retirees. Links to the Benefits Summaries and rates are located at the bottom of this page.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING RETIRED COVERAGE:
You must have been a Participant covered through your former employer in Plan 13, 13Y, or 14 (with optional Retiree coverage under Plan 14) for at least 15 years prior to your retirement. Effective June 1, 2012, in order to satisfy the 15-year requirement, you must have two (2) years of continuous coverage immediately prior to your retirement and you must have had coverage for at least thirteen (13) of the prior eighteen (18) years. For purpose of meeting the thirteen (13) year requirement, participation for a twelve (12) month period will be considered participation for a year even if the months are not consecutive.
Documents Related to Retiree Health Care
Our documents are in PDF. You may need to download the latest version of Adobe Reader.